The firm offers qualified and expert assistance in innovative areas of law, with particular reference to legal issues related to digital transformation, sustainability, and integrated compliance, in order to limit the risks of non-compliance and to protect clients operating in innovative areas of law.
On the area of digital transformation, the activities of the Innovation Department mainly consist of:
- Assistance in the drafting of contracts for apps, websites and e-commerce, through legal design techniques and user-friendly contracts;
- Consultancy and assistance in the drafting of software contracts (e.g. licences and cloud solutions such as Saas, Paas, Iaas);
- Consulting and assistance in blockchain (insurtech, regtech, smart contracts, NFT);
- Consulting and assistance in financial operations in the field of financial innovation (fintech), with particular reference to the crypto ecosystem (liquidity pool, AMM, trading, tokenization);
- Consulting in AI, augmented reality, machine learning, IoT, robotics (intellectual property protection, international contracting, rob oadvice);
- Consulting and contract drafting related to videogames, e-games and gamification (prize competitions, sports law);
- Training courses on the legal aspects of the digital transformation;
- Assistance in the development of innovative digital start-up projects and relations with venture capital.
With regard to sustainability and green economy issues, the firm can offer a range of services in collaboration with a leading company in ESG:
- ESG (Environment, Social & Governance) sustainability reports, governance and codes of ethics;
- Assistance in the establishment of B-corps and benefit corporation;
- Assistance in contracting for renewable energy projects at the industrial level (e.g. engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning EPCC contracts, O&M maintenance contracts, efficient performance contracts EPC, ESCO);
- Legal advice for residential energy efficiency operations with access to tax benefits;
- International, European, national and regional funds and tenders related to sustainable development and renewable energy;
- Specific training courses on sustainability and related ethical topics.
Regarding these innovative matters, the firm assists clients in the main integrated compliance issues. Considering data protection and anti-money laundering issues related to the cryptocurrency and blockchain sector, as well as the links between ethical codes and ESG. With reference to cross-border transactions involving strategic and innovative sectors, the department collaborates with the firm's "Golden Power" and "Export Control" teams, and in particular the compliance team provides:
- Consulting on administrative liability of legal entities pursuant to Legislative Decree 231/01 and appointment as a member of the Supervisory Board;
- Anti-corruption consultancy: third-party verification through open sources and databases;
- Consulting on anti-money laundering pursuant to Legislative Decree 231/07 and appointment as a member of the anti-money laundering committee;
- Consulting on data protection and appointment as Data Protection Officer;
- Consulting on export control and international sanctions and appointment as Export Compliance Officer.
The Department is responsible for assisting not only clients establishing their business in Italy, but also those who want to expand their business abroad, for example, through the participation in competitions set up outside the Italian borders.