Foreign Investment, Corporate Restructuring, Cross Border Projects, Infrastructure, Real Estate, Banking & Finance, Healthcare
Laurent Aoun has built a profile spanning several decades, collaborating with and advising governments on the drafting of laws to boost investment climates and attract Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), as well as advising on the full spectrum of infrastructure projects and Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) including Special Economic Zones, Posts & Airports and Roads & Highways.
Additionally, Laurent has become well-recognised by clients and peers alike for developing a career advising government entities, multinational companies and international organizations, including the UN, and advises on cross border projects and international companies with their expansion investment schemes, including commercial transactions, financing, taxation and construction schemes.
Furthermore, he works side-by-side with clients on a variety of different practice areas and industries, from contractual documentation, procurement, finance and risk allocation, and is a trusted advisor to regional businesses in vibrant sectors such as industry & manufacturing, healthcare, consumer goods & retail, infrastructure, hospitality & services and real estate. For the latter, he regularly advises companies with single asset and portfolio acquisitions, joint ventures, fund formation, financing and real estate litigation.
Laurent has attended as a speaker and guest the following training courses & workshops:
• Conference on the Broader Horizons for Mediterranean - Cooperation with Africa organized by the Government of the United States of America - Amman.
• Workshop on the development of attracting foreign investment systems by ANIMA - Rome.
• International Conference on Informatics organized by the United Nations - Tunisia.
• First Euro-Mediterranean Investment Conference – Paris.
• Workshop on Administrative Reform and Globalization organized by the OECD - Paris.
• World Congress of Expatriate Business Systems by LIBC CURACAO
• Training course on Financing Small and Medium Enterprises organized by the OECD - São Paulo.
• Regional Investment Conference organized by WAIPA –Rome.
• International workshop on Wise Management in the Launch and Management of Public Tenders organized by OECD - Rome.
• Workshop on Advanced Investment Programs organize by DIFC - Dubai.
Laurent has published several lectures on privatization & globalization.
- Negotiation and Leadership (Harvard University - 2019).
- Masters in Finance/Private Law (Sagesse University)
- LLB (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik)