Arbitration, Business Law, Banking and Finance Law, Aviation Law.
Aline joined Touna Law Firm in 2014 and provides legal services in various fields, with an expertise in business law, corporate law and arbitration proceedings.
Her experience includes:
• Carrying legal due diligence on companies and startups, working on their set-up and follow-up, opening branches and REP offices thereof and mergers and acquisitions.
• Drafting shareholders’ agreements, various partnership, malls, banks, financial institutions and NGOs.
• Working on securitizations, issuances of preferred shares, GDRs and subordinated bonds by banks, constitution of financial institutions and the opening of representative offices of foreign banks in Lebanon.
• Legal verification of the Arabic version of the foreign investment legal framework in Cuba
• Aline was involved in numerous arbitration proceedings before the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Beirut Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI), in addition to hoc arbitration proceedings.
• She also worked as counsel in aviation matters, representing airlines and their insurers to settle disputes with families of airplane crash victims.
• She attended the Beirut Bar Association’s workshop about FIDIC contracts (March 2014), various arbitration conferences organized by the ICC and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and the Cuban Lebanese Economic Forum (2015).
She was admitted to the Beirut Bar Association in 2003.
Aline holds a Master’s Degree in Law from the Saint-Joseph University (Beirut),
an LL.M in Arbitration & Dispute resolution from the Lebanese University-Francophone branch,
an LL.M in Banking & Finance Law from the Saint Joseph University,
an LL.D from University of Paris II- Panthéon Assas.
Aline is a lecturer of civil and commercial law at the Saint-Joseph University.